By Derald Wing Sue,Miguel E. Gallardo,Helen A. Neville
"Case reports in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy is an impressive source that might aid create a better bridge of knowing among the educational, learn, and utilized domain names of the psychological healthiness professions."
—From the Foreword by means of Thomas A. Parham, PhD, Vice Chancellor, pupil Affairs, collage of California, Irvine; wonderful Psychologist, organization of Black Psychologists
An critical selection of real-life scientific instances from training specialists within the box of multicultural counseling and psychotherapy
Case reports in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy is a special source proposing real circumstances illustrating evaluate, diagnostic, and remedy matters linked to particular populations. The contributors—well-known psychological future health pros who focus on multicultural counseling and psychotherapy—draw on their own reports to empower therapists in constructing an separately adapted therapy plan that successfully addresses featuring difficulties in a culturally responsive manner.
Providing readers with the chance to imagine severely approximately multicultural elements and the way they impression evaluate, analysis, and therapy, this particular book:
- Covers moral matters and evidence-based practice
- Integrates therapists' reflections all alone social id and the way this can have encouraged their paintings with their clients
- Considers the intersectionality of racial/ethnic, type, spiritual, gender, and sexual identities
- Contains mirrored image and dialogue questions, an research of every case via the writer, and suggested resources
- Includes situations on racial/ethnic minority populations, gender, sexuality, poverty, older adults, immigrants, refugees, and white therapists operating with humans of color
- Aligns with the ACA's CACREP accreditation criteria, tha APA directions for multicultural competence, and the AMCD Multicultural Counseling Competencies
Read or Download Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy PDF
Similar social psychology & interactions books
This can be an up to date and revised model of the 1989 revealed version. This model contains new fabric concerning info bought from own interviews and again questionnaires from the sooner version. the outline of the topic continues to be appropriate to latest social stigma perspective in the direction of the sexual existence of amputees.
Social psychology is a flourishing self-discipline. It explores the main crucial questions of the human psyche (e. g. , Why do humans support or damage others? How do impact pros get us to do what they wish, and the way will we inoculate ourselves opposed to their sometimes-insidious persuasion strategies?
This booklet is an amalgamation of analysis tasks performed by way of the writer of this publication. 3 stories and topic areas(Childhood issues, Psychology of Gender, and Psychology of studying) have been serious about that resulted in the profitable of entirety of study tasks, which produced supportive and obvious details for kids and adults who take care of suitable matters, reminiscent of Oppositional Defiant ailment (ODD), Autism, Fatigue, and Equality for males & ladies.
The Resilient Self explores how foreign migration re-shapes women’s senses of themselves. Chien-Juh Gu makes use of life-history interviews and ethnographic observations to demonstrate how immigration creates gendered paintings and relatives contexts for middle-class Taiwanese American girls, who, in flip, negotiate and face up to the social and mental results of the strategies of immigration and cost.
- HOW TO MARRY THE RICH: The Rich Will Marry Someone, Why Not YOU?
- Interpersonal Relationships (Foundations of Psychology)
- Evolution and the Social Mind: Evolutionary Psychology and Social Cognition (Sydney Symposium of Social Psychology)
- Pathologies of Modern Space: Empty Space, Urban Anxiety, and the Recovery of the Public Self
- Techniques of Social Influence: The psychology of gaining compliance
Additional info for Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy
Case Studies in Multicultural Counseling and Therapy by Derald Wing Sue,Miguel E. Gallardo,Helen A. Neville