By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic examine of sexual minorities in Africa, and one in all only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining cutting edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, historic texts, and renowned media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social reviews and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) relating to neighborhood, nationwide, and international debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the class of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read Online or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
This seductive sourcebook of infrequent visible delights from pre-Nazi, Cabaret-period “Babylon at the Spree” has the excellence of being praised either through students and avatars of up to date tradition, inspiring hip membership goers, filmmakers, homosexual historians, picture designers, and musicians just like the Dresden Dolls and Marilyn Manson.
This ebook is a private reappraisal of psychoanalytic theories within the mild of medical event. the 1st half is set sexuality and starts the place psychoanalysis begun, with hysteria. the second one half is ready the ego and the super-ego, the connection of which ruled Freud's writing from his heart interval onwards.
Among 1885 and 1960, legislation and regulations designed to repress prostitution dramatically formed London's advertisement intercourse undefined. This booklet examines how legislation translated into street-level fact, explores how ladies who offered intercourse skilled criminalization, and charts the advanced dimensions of the underground sexual financial system within the sleek city.
Michel Foucault’s historical past of Sexuality has been essentially the most influential books of the final 20 years. It has had an important effect on cultural reports and paintings throughout many disciplines on gender, sexuality, and the physique. Bringing a brand new set of inquiries to this key paintings, Ann Laura Stoler examines quantity one in all heritage of Sexuality in an unexplored mild.
- Sex, Love and Money in Cambodia: Professional Girlfriends and Transactional Relationships (The Modern Anthropology of Southeast Asia)
- Bullying as a Social Experience: Social Factors, Prevention and Intervention
- Sex and Gender: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- Amores ansiosos y otras cuestiones del amor (Spanish Edition)
- Branding Masculinity: Tracing the Cultural Foundations of Brand Meaning (Routledge Interpretive Marketing Research)
- Functional and Dysfunctional Sexual Behavior: A Synthesis of Neuroscience and Comparative Psychology
Extra resources for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio