By C. Loader
Read or Download Alfred Weber and the Crisis of Culture, 1890-1933 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Durbin, heritage and philosophy of technology student and author, has created a quantity that incorporates approximately a hundred phrases from the traditional and social sciences. for every time period there's a longer definition and dialogue of similar philosophic concerns. every one access, approximately 3 and one-half pages, additionally presents a bibliography of a few six to a dozen assets.
In 1919 the Prussian Ministry of technological know-how, Arts and tradition opened a file on 'Einstein's concept of Relativity. ' It used to be rediscovered through the writer in 1961 and is utilized in conjunction with quite a few different for that reason pointed out 'Einstein' documents because the foundation of this interesting publication. specifically, the writer rigorously scrutinizes Einstein's FBI dossier from 1950-55 opposed to quite often unpublished fabric from ecu together with Soviet assets and provides hitherto unknown documentation on Einstein's alleged contacts with the German Communist occasion and the Comintern.
Walter Thirring is an the world over popular scientist who took half in and labored between these inquisitive about some of the medical advancements of the 20th century. His publication, in regards to the wisdom of the area as illuminated by way of 20th century technology, used to be initially released in German. this is often the 1st English translation and is a publication that's simply available to readers of renowned technology books and magazines.
The graceful functioning of an ordered society will depend on the ownership of a method of regularising its actions over the years. that suggests is a calendar, and its regularity is a functionality of ways good it types the roughly typical events of the celestial our bodies - of the moon, the solar or the celebrities.
- Life on Display: Revolutionizing U.S. Museums of Science and Natural History in the Twentieth Century
- An Epistemology of the Concrete: Twentieth-Century Histories of Life (Experimental futures : technological lives, scientific arts, anthropological voices)
- The Concept of Nature (Dover Books on Science)
- The American Arithmetic, in Which the Principles of Numbers Are Explained and Illustrated
- The Works of Charles Darwin: Vol 25: The Effects of Cross and Self Fertilisation in the Vegetable Kingdom (1878) (The Pickering Masters)
- The Sciences’ Media Connection –Public Communication and its Repercussions: 28 (Sociology of the Sciences Yearbook)
Additional resources for Alfred Weber and the Crisis of Culture, 1890-1933 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
Alfred Weber and the Crisis of Culture, 1890-1933 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History) by C. Loader