By Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore
This significant other brings jointly a crew of best figures in modern philosophy to supply an in-depth exposition and research of Quine’s vast effect throughout philosophy’s many subfields, highlighting the breadth of his paintings, and revealing his persevered importance today.
- Provides an in-depth account and research of W.V.O. Quine’s contribution to American Philosophy, and his place as one of many past due twentieth-century’s so much influential analytic philosophers
- Brings jointly newly-commissioned essays by means of top figures inside modern philosophy
- Covers Quine’s paintings throughout philosophy of common sense, philosophy of language, ontology and metaphysics, epistemology, and more
- Explores his paintings in terms of the origins of analytic philosophy in the United States, and to the historical past of philosophy extra broadly
- Highlights the breadth of Quine’s paintings around the self-discipline, and demonstrates the ongoing impression of his paintings in the philosophical community
Read Online or Download A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best philosophical movements books
On the time of his dying in 2007, Richard Rorty was once extensively acclaimed as one of many world's so much influential modern thinkers. Stanley Cavell, who has been a number one highbrow determine from the Sixties to the current, has been simply as philosophically influential as Rorty even though possibly now not as politically divisive.
All techniques Are equivalent is either an advent to the paintings of French thinker François Laruelle and an workout in nonhuman pondering. For Laruelle, average types of philosophy proceed to dominate our types of what counts as exemplary notion and information. in contrast, what Laruelle calls his “non-standard” process makes an attempt to carry democracy into proposal, simply because all sorts of thinking—including the nonhuman—are equivalent.
1885 faßte Friedrich Nietzsche den Entschluß, eine Neue Ausgabe seiner Schriften erscheinen zu lassen, die 'das Eigene und Unvergleichliche in diesen Werken' herausstellen sollte. Diesem Konzept folgt auch die von Claus-Artur Scheier neu herausgegebene Ausgabe der philosophischen Werke in sechs in Bänden.
Over 3 many years, Gillian Howie wrote on the leading edge of philosophy and significant idea, sooner than her premature dying in 2013. This interdisciplinary assortment makes use of her writings to discover the efficient, but frequently resistant, interrelationship among feminism and important concept, analyzing the potential for Howie's specific type of materialism.
- Derrida: Profanations (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- Neopragmatism and Theological Reason (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- El Círculo de Viena. Empirismo lógico, ciencia, cultura y política (Spanish Edition)
- Utilitarismus (Philosophische Bibliothek 581) (German Edition)
- Deleuze and the Meaning of Life (Continuum Studies in Continental Philosophy)
Extra resources for A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore